Forum Discussion

rambrofirstbud
New Contributor
5 years ago

Paying for 300Mbps but only getting 100

Hi,

I have a Netgear CM700, which supports the Cox Ultimate package. However, I never seem to get more than 100Mbps down. I'm not sure what the issue is, but if I'm paying $100/month, I'd like to get what I'm paying for. Thanks for your help in advance.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Does your computer's Network Interface Card support speeds over 100Mbps?  This thread shows how to check. 

KleeWai
    New Contributor III

This is Cox's fault and most cox customer support staff are unaware and don't really know whats going on and are just doing what the higher-ups tell them to do. On this forum - https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/25474/finally-admitting-they-screwed-up some guy was able to squeeze the right information out of a technician. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12VKXPFY6ff9JkgCzCcmhBKIRFsP77JmX/view The best thing we all can do right now is to file an FCC complaint like some people are saying and asking your neighbors who have Cox to file one too.

Regniri
      New Contributor

So we need to file complaints with the FCC because too many people are connected at one time?  What are they going to do, cure covid and send everyone back to work/school?   This is reality for right now.  There are more people using the home internet systems 10x as much as they did 2 months ago.  Between almost all kids at home gaming, parents working from home, families connected to online television/movie/streaming video nearly all day and most students now being forced to do homework online rather than in class, the network is pushed to the max.  I can't enjoy my two favorite online games because the servers are over crowded which causes speed and ping problems for everyone.  Accept the temporary reality and try to make the best of it.  

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

True.  Some people are just too selfish, decadent, spoiled for anything other than their own perceptive.  If you don't like it, stop paying for it.

DannyS
      Hello, if still having these concerns and have already performed the basic testing such as reboots, direct wired testing and confirming on multiple devices. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    Mark001
    New Contributor

Huh. I pay for 150 and get maybe 25 .. so thats why i need to upgrade?

DannyS
      Hello, if still having these concerns and have already performed the basic testing such as reboots, directly wired testing and confirming on multiple devices. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Where are you measuring 100 Mbps...modem, LAN port, WiFi, USB, MoCA?