Forum Discussion

pratt45
New Contributor
28 days ago

Not getting speeds I pay for.

I pay for Gigabit speeds but I get less than 5MB download...This is unacceptable, is there a reason for this? Has anyone else had this issue in the area? 

2 Replies

• Hi pratt45. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Are you testing with WiFi or Ethernet? A speed test over WiFi will not be accurate. the ONLY way to get an accurate test of the speed being delivered, is to connect your computer via ethernet direct to the modem, and then ensuring that computer if it has WiFi capability, it's turned off, then run the test. 

I'll be glad to help you out, what modem are you using, is it a modem router combo, or do you have 2 separate pieces of equipment?