Forum Discussion

ShawnMcBee
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Internet Speeds

Hello, I pay for cox 1gb internet speeds and use the panoramic router. Majority of the time I can only see max speeds of around 500-700 mbbs. Why advertise 1gb if you cannot deliver? Its frustrating i pay for something i do not receive. Today i can only reach 425 mbbs, this is ridiculous!! Where is my other 575 mbps??!! I only run 1 computer and a tv on my internet, its not like a  whole bunch of devices are drawing from it. If theres anything you guys can do to help, you better or i'll leave cox.

• @ShawnMcBee. Your modem is reporting time out errors. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @ShawnMcBee. Your modem is reporting time out errors. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan
      ShawnMcBee
      New Contributor

I have 1 splitter, i believe its a 3 way splitter. i only have 1 wire running from that splitter and didn't know that would cause signal loss.

MaryF
        Former Moderator
        Hi ShawnMcBee,

Would you be able to bypass your splitter and test your connection? If your issue continues, please send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name, account holder's name, street address, and details of your issue or a link to your forum post.

Mary
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
      ShawnMcBee
      New Contributor

I always use ookla and my last speed test was 455, its a single family 2 bed 1 bath. the computer i use on ookla is also wired connection ethernet, wifi is even slower.

bearone2
        Contributor III

have you tried another server in your area?

cox is slower than several other providers in my local area.

• I have also been having issues the last month with speed.

I'm on the internet 50 plan and rarely get above 25 mbs and recently have only had 3-5 mbs per second.

Using their equipment as well.

I wonder If i only have to pay 10% of the bill since i'm consistently receiving only 10% of the product?

What say you @Allan , pawn of the Oligarchy?

LisaH
      Hi Lankford01102. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us via email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      bearone2
      Contributor III

internet 50 plan, you're consuming a lot of bandwidth!!

Allan
      @lonergamer. Are you experiencing this issue with multiple devices in the home or just one? Also, does this happen at specific times of the day/night? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.