Forum Discussion

RShelton33
New Contributor II
6 months ago

Parental controls not functioning

I was testing parental controls on my own device to see how it functions on the kids devices. With parental controls on I have no problem accessing any of the xxx sites. Why? Please help. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your full name and complete address at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

RShelton33
      New Contributor II

Ok hopefully they can help. I expected some kind of solution here though. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Did you create a profile for your device and apply it to the parental control rules? Also, how long have you waited? The system can keep a cache of the site for up to 24hours. See here for more info.

RShelton33
      New Contributor II

Yes I placed the devices under my name and applied PC to myself. Well over 48 hours now. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

If Cox's Parental controls arent working, you could use OpenDNS Family shield on each device. Unfortunatly Cox doesn't allow set up of network wide DNS on the Panoramic gateways.