Forum Discussion

Rainman
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet Outages EVERY DAY

Every day since Monday August 2nd the internet has experienced outages, multiple times throughout the day.  The Cox website shows an outage and an expected time for remedy.  Fix the problem.  I work from home, your internet is killing me.  I called and talked to a puppet who just repeated what I told you guys.  

21 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    matt08000
    New Contributor

Mine too! I called Cox after trying to troubleshoot with a chat rep several times. They said that they are doing upgrades in my area and it’s causing the problem. 

Allan
      @Matt08000, Service outages can be frustrating and we can look into those for you. Please send us an email with your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    avocadoman
    New Contributor

I've used cox in Arizona for about 3.5 years now.  First two years in Scottsdale i did not have a single issue.  Never had packet loss or lag spikes, and always consistent download and upload.  Ever since moving to Phoenix i get some type of connection lag, inconsistent download and upload speeds, and random packet loss periodically throughout the day.  I've contacted cox many times, have had a field tech come out, and tried the cox recommended modem.  No change.

tartesso
      New Contributor II

I am seeing a pattern here.  You would think they would see the pattern, being it is on their own website and attempt to handle it other than asking you to spend even more time to request help where they have fell short so many times in the past.  It doesn't take Einstein to see this is Insanity.  How many times do we have to reach out for their help before someone gets lucky and actually fixes the issue?  Guess I will go through this insanity again and call or email them... again... since my issue still persists as well. 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Avocadoman

I know how frustrating it is to unresolved issues. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address. So that we can investigate these issues further.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Rainman

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Let me check to see if there are any maintenance or outage events reported to show as the cause of the issue that you're experiencing. Please email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

• Same here.. It started yeaterday here when my cel lost signal and wifi all together. Keeps saying internet unavailable. Frustrating so much. I can't get work done either now because of this.. They said they weren't showing an outage but we have no internet and another neighbor also os without.. 🤦

Allan
      @GeraY Jessi86, It looks like we may need to look into this loss of service for you. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Tartesso
    I know how frustrating it can be to have packet loss on your internet signal, especially when it affects your livelihood. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address so that we can further investigate these issues you have been having.
    Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      tartesso
      New Contributor II

I have called multiple times, had multiple techs come out and have been given the same result every time... That the problem is in the field somewhere.  And my packet loss testing results (using WinMTR) shows the first hop after my network where all the packet loss is.  Not sure if it is a node problem or a too small of a pipe issue but I hope it is being looked at and hope a resolution is being planned.  If you can tell me that emailing you will yield a better result, I would be happy to but after many calls and online chats and the problem still persisting, I have resigned to the fact that Cox Cable, in my area, is not going to do anything about it quick enough.  Please let me know if you know differently and I will let my neighbors know as they said they are just going to wait for Cox to deal with the issue and not spend their time in calling in.  I have already had one neighbor, that worked from home, that had to move to a part of the city that has a different provider to ensure they can work from home.  

It is sad that Cox is affecting peoples lives in a matter where they must move or change jobs to accommodate your service.  I am starting to believe that the only way to get Cox to do anything is to file FCC complaints.  I didn't want to be that person but we have to do what we have to do in order to show my employer that I am doing everything I can to better the situation.  

Ben, thank you for your reply, it just feels a bit empty at this point.  I really hope you have the ability to escalate this to a resolution.  I do appreciate your time in trying to help.

tartesso
        New Contributor II

Not sure if you had anything to do with it Ben but they are currently working on the service in my area.  So far the packet loss is getting better.  My service has completely dropped numerous times today and yesterday.  The packet loss is currently at 0-2% and my ping times are more steady, so I think they are getting there.   I will keep my fingers crossed that there is a resolution soon.  I appreciate the progress and look forward to the service I originally expected.