Forum Discussion

Karen_Newhouse
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

CoxWifi

I have connected my Sony UBP-X1100ES Blu ray player to "CoxWifi."  The connection works, but when I try "connecting to internet video service" the Blu ray player just hangs.  Is there a resolution?

• As widermouthopen noted, both CableWiFi or CoxWiFi are public access-points (Hotspots) for traveling Cox subscribers.  Meaning, if you're mobile outside your house, you can connect to the Cox network via these Hotspots.

If you have the Panoramic router, the Panoramic can also be a Hotspot for traveling Cox subscribers.  Meaning, if a Cox subscriber is in your neighborhood, the subscriber could connect to your Panoramic Hotspot to access the Cox network.

If you have a Blu-ray player in your house...and assuming you have Panoramic...why are you connecting it to your Hotspot?  Connect it to your private wireless network.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

As widermouthopen noted, both CableWiFi or CoxWiFi are public access-points (Hotspots) for traveling Cox subscribers.  Meaning, if you're mobile outside your house, you can connect to the Cox network via these Hotspots.

If you have the Panoramic router, the Panoramic can also be a Hotspot for traveling Cox subscribers.  Meaning, if a Cox subscriber is in your neighborhood, the subscriber could connect to your Panoramic Hotspot to access the Cox network.

If you have a Blu-ray player in your house...and assuming you have Panoramic...why are you connecting it to your Hotspot?  Connect it to your private wireless network.

Karen_Newhouse
      New Contributor

K, I used the regular wireless connection with an SSID and now I get Netflix through my Blu ray player.