Forum Discussion

Oh_Really
New Contributor
7 years ago

Phone Service upgrade

Like many cox customers, I have been contacted by Cox to change out my current telephone equipment and install a new modem to allow continued provision of telephone service.

I have contacted Cox Support with the following question: With the new method of telephone service delivery, will it be drawing from the current internet service that they have provided me? Two people that i spoke to, stated no, but could not provide written confirmation of this.

In my opinion, this creates a conflict of interests in that I pay Cox a separate fee for internet service and a another fee for my telephone service. Until proven otherwise I have to believe that Cox are now going to have me pay them to provide internet service , so that they can provide me telephone service , for which I am being charged for as well.

The above scenario is unacceptable and I am no lawyer but I suspect illegal?

1 Reply

• Hello,

The purpose of the Cox Phone Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Digital Telephone services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.