Forum Discussion

bluntforce
New Contributor
5 years ago

Anyone else having slow gigablast performance?

Just got gigablast, panoramic 3.1 modem and 3 pods.  Download speeds still 190Mbos.  Tech coming tomorrow to check it out.  Will update.

3 Replies

• The pods will only get a max of 100MBs to maybe 150MBs. Is the 190 download off of the pods? Or from straight from your modem?  WiFi? You lose a little through WiFi. 

I am a field tech in Gainesville Florida and come across this from time to time. The device(s) your doing your speed test from, are they capable of getting GIG speeds? I find a lot of the trouble calls I go to for GIG speed issues are due to the customers devices not being able to get GIG speeds. If you know your devices have GIG ports already and the network cards have been upgraded for GIG, please disregard previous statement. 

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    The wifi pods will help with range and connectivity however you will not see speed benefits from using them. Our documentation lists the maximum speeds using the pods to be 100Mbps but that can vary depending on environmental factors. The best speeds require using a wired gigabit Ethernet connection.

-Chris
    Gamerbuilt1
    New Contributor

I have the same issue over Wifi on all devices. I use

1750Mbps Dual Band 2.4GHz/450Mbps 5GHz/1300Mbps High Gain 5dBi Antennas USB 3.0 Wireless Network Adapter

. My ethernet speed is down to 400mbps Tech coming out Monday.