Forum Discussion

Mr_Scary
New Contributor II
4 years ago
Solved

Gigablast upload speed???????

*** UPDATE *** 
The issue was definitely something to do with the router, I have switched the routers the other way, and using the R8000 as the main DHCP, and R6400V2 as the Access Point. I'm getting up to 946mb/s download, and almost 35mb/s upload. 
So I apologize for accusing COX  of tampering with my router. Something on my network or the router itself is the issue, But I will monitoring it very closely. 

I keep getting this pull up banner ad to upgrade to Gigblast. Which I have been interested to do because my current speed is half what I pay for. 
150ish download vs. the 300 I have been paying $155 a month for, I deserve a refund.

However I cannot find any information about Gigablast "upload speed". Why are you hiding it? 

Also for the past 15 years I have not been able to access certain features of my account due to "ONLY THE ACCOUNT HOLDER"  
We've been using COX for nearly 20 years and have called several times and had me added as secondary account holder, You know the guy that has paid the bill for 20 years.

Also please stop throttling my router.

Never the less, I would like to at least see what the upload speeds are please before upgrading to Gigablast 400 "megabits per second" 

• I no longer beliveve COX is responsible.I apolagize.

It must be either the router, or something connected to it. I have the R8000 as the DHCP Server now, 12 hours still no drop in speed. I have moved all 10/100 devices to the R6400V2, and attached it as an Access Point to the R8000. It just seemed like the yellow link port was not getting GB speeds. So I will run it this way and see if the issue returns.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mr_Scary
    New Contributor II

I no longer beliveve COX is responsible.I apolagize.

It must be either the router, or something connected to it. I have the R8000 as the DHCP Server now, 12 hours still no drop in speed. I have moved all 10/100 devices to the R6400V2, and attached it as an Access Point to the R8000. It just seemed like the yellow link port was not getting GB speeds. So I will run it this way and see if the issue returns.