Forum Discussion

gm1990
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Gigablast extremely slow upload

Hey everyone, I pay for the Gigablast package and up until yesterday I would typically see ~5-10mbps upload speeds but now I only see ~0.5-1.0mbps . I'm very confused because things were working fine for months and now out of nowhere everything slows to a crawl.

I've tried cycling the modem (multiple times), resetting it from the Cox mobile app, swapping ethernet cables, etc... no dice. I just ran another test and the results are abysmal.

I'm located in Orange County, CA in case anyone else in the area has any ideas/experience with the issues I'm seeing?

gm1990
    4 years ago

Hey Jonathan, the problem seemed to resolve itself. Cox mobile app said the service was fine in my area but when I called technical support an automated message told me my area was experiencing outages. Not sure why there was a discrepancy between the mobile app and the call center but there was.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Gm1990

When running your speed test are you hardwired directly to the modem or router? If the router, try rebooting the modem again, bypassing the router, and run a speed test.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      gm1990
      New Contributor

Hey Jonathan, the problem seemed to resolve itself. Cox mobile app said the service was fine in my area but when I called technical support an automated message told me my area was experiencing outages. Not sure why there was a discrepancy between the mobile app and the call center but there was.

Allan
        @Gm1990, I am glad to hear that everything is now working and I am truly sorry for the confusion. Please let us know if the issue returns. We will be here to help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.