Forum Discussion

Eric_G
New Contributor III
4 years ago
Solved

Gigablast Speeds

Cox if you don't want a class action law suit, you better start crediting customers for the lack of bandwidth we are all experiencing. We know people are working and staying at home and that your infrastructure is not design to handle such demand. So do the right thing and credit all Giga Blast customers for not getting the service they are paying for.

Eric_G
    4 years ago

you know how frustrating it is for me to call tech support just to have them read the usual script to reset  your modem and bla, bla, bla....

Starlink is coming you all!!

Now let me tell you Cox has been good until the beginning of the year, issues here and there but nothing too bad. But the lack of sympathy towards their customer, which are hurting right now, is beyond me.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shawmeck
    New Contributor

What speeds are you getting?  Upload and downloads.

Eric_G
      New Contributor III

First let me tell you I am a network IT guy. All the speeds are taken directly from the modem to my laptop by passing my network as per Cox.

Originally my speeds were in th upper 900 Mbps, but since the pandemic started I am lucky to get upper 200 mbps during the day and they go down to 60 at night.

Tihs is using Oakla speed test or Cox own speed test.

Eric_G
        New Contributor III

During the day max 250 down and 28 up.

At night max 60 down and still 25 to 28 up.

I am on a Docsis 3.1 modem by Arris.

melissa_martin
    New Contributor III

unfortunately i think a class action lawsuit might be in the works. They know what the issue is, but continue to blame it on the customer.

Eric_G
      New Contributor III

you know how frustrating it is for me to call tech support just to have them read the usual script to reset  your modem and bla, bla, bla....

Starlink is coming you all!!

Now let me tell you Cox has been good until the beginning of the year, issues here and there but nothing too bad. But the lack of sympathy towards their customer, which are hurting right now, is beyond me.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Eric G

Please email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com so we can take a closer look at the signal levels.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Eric_G
      New Contributor III

Do you have any idea how many times my signal levels have been checked. If my signal levels were bad, wouldn't this be good for all day connectivity? not only after say 4 o'clock? I have played your game of checking signal levels and resetting the modem and changing the network cable, and outside splitter and at one point before also having a tech come out just to tell me what, your signals are good.. I have state of the art equipment and remember my speed are from the modem to my laptop, (and yes my laptop has a gigabyte ethernet port built in) bypassing my network completely.

Lets be honest here! Cox infrastructure was not designed for a pandemic. Other clients might not know how your network works but I do. The more you loaded the slower it gets.

Just credit Gig blast customers what they really should be paying a month now, at least until you either improve your infrastructure, lay fiber to the side walk or find a way to improve the speeds clients are paying cox for.

Eric_G
    New Contributor III

WOW! Another post from an other IT Professional!! Look very similar!!

I would like to make your life easier so you don’t have to post. I am an IT network professional. The reason your internet is slow and you are not getting full speed and you have packet loss is because cox internet lines are old and outdated . They are not meant to handle this many people working from home and not outside. The lines are over saturated and can not handle the workload. Nothing cox tells you is going to fix this problem so please don’t try. The only thing cox can do to fix this is replace your outside lan node. Which they most likely won’t do because it’s extremely expensive. Upgrading to Gigablast will not fix your problem....getting a new modem will not fix your problem... having a tech come out will not fix your problem... resetting your router will not fix your problem... the only fix is to switch providers. Nothing will change until Covid goes away. I’m sorry but this is the truth and I’m just trying to save you hours of time on hold with cox reps. Do not fall for their bs to upgrade your internet , this will not do anything trust me