Forum Discussion

72ffh72fh
New Contributor
6 years ago

Was I upgraded to a limited data plan?

I was using an ubee dw365 and couldn't access 192.168.0.1, I texted support and was told I was grandfathered into an old plan, my modem was outdated, but for about $8 more a month I could go from 4 to 40 MB download and a bit faster upload with the cox panoramic modem

I just noticed on my account page I'm at 136% data usage, am I going to get charged a bunch of money now that I can't afford? I only upgraded because I apparently had to

I still have the ubee, if I'm now on a limited data plan can I contact support and undo this?

5 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you didn't sign a contract...such as a 2-year promise to not cancel any of your services...you can change your account to save money.  However, that grandfathered data plan is gone and will not be available.

Another way to save some cash is to stop renting equipment from Cox, such as a Panoramic modem/router.  If you already have equipment and don't demand high Internet speeds, keep using it.

You can navigate here for a cheaper data plan:  https://www.cox.com/aboutus/policies/speeds-and-data-plans.html

You can research here for your Ubee to be compatible:  www.cox.com/.../cox-certified-cable-modems.html

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I skipped over the model of your Ubee in your original post; however, I researched and it's still compatible on the Cox network with the Preferred 100 plan or a lower data plan, such as Essential 30 or Starter.

Cox just started implementing their 1000 Gbps data caps.  What are you downloading to be at 136%?

OpenBSD
      Contributor II
      Cox just started implementing their 1000 Gbps data caps.

Really Bruce? Again? Go ahead and edit your post to reflect accurate information.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @72ffh72fh

We can take a look please email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com.

Cox Moderator
      72ffh72fh
      New Contributor

thanks, email sent

@bruce: games, they're 50-100gb nowadays, mostly around 100, and a 2tb drive is 10 dollars, couple that with windows 10 and android being so bad and boy what a horrible time to start having data caps especially not telling your customer about it lol