Forum Discussion

VaPeeps
New Contributor
6 years ago

Service interruptions

We lose tv service about 3 nights a week for a "known outage" in our area. I called tonight at 1am when it went out as usual and was basically just told, "yeah, there's nothing we can do, it should be resolved by 6am." I don't usually even bother to call anymore because that's the typical response, and although I love to be inconvenienced and waste my time, I figure the representatives for Cox have more irate people to deal with. Is there an end in sight to these more than routine outages?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    VaPeeps
    New Contributor

I'm reaching out through the forum because "chat is unavailable at this time" and I am very discouraged by the continued lack of available services. I am paying a high rate each month for services that we frequently cannot access, I wish they would at least prorate my bill based off of all of the "known outages". Is there perhaps a better option for communication I should try aside from going to my local store or a different service plan option that's somehow more reliable?

LRNifty50
    New Contributor

Until 18 months ago we NEVER had service outage issues with Cox. I do not know what happened, at that 18 month window but service outages are the only thing we can rely on now. I was a work from home Customer Service Agent who lost my job because I could not rely on My ISP. Our Phone, Cable, and TV are all thru Cox. We have erratic coverage that we pay $250 every month. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. I have had 15 service calls and my issue is not resolved completely....however, direct tv was worse. Everything they tell you is a flat out lie. F I find a good solution I will take out adds on tv and the internet.

Becky
      Hi LRNifty50, if you are still experiencing issues with your service, email my team at cox.help@cox.com so we can investigate further. Please include your full name, address, and a link to this page in your email. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    LRNifty50
    New Contributor

Until 18 months ago we NEVER had service outage issues with Cox. I do not know what happened, at that 18 month window but service outages are the only thing we can rely on now. I was a work from home Customer Service Agent who lost my job because I could not rely on My ISP. Our Phone, Cable, and TV are all thru Cox. We have erratic coverage that we pay $250 every month. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. I have had 15 service calls and my issue is not resolved completely....however, direct tv was worse. Everything they tell you is a flat out lie. F I find a good solution I will take out adds on tv and the internet.

VaPeeps
      New Contributor

We went rounds with Dish Network when we initially switched to Cox for our cable years ago, but now for our internet Cox is the only option I know of besides cellular since Verizon isn't available for our address. I'm sorry to hear about you losing your job! We are struggling with juggling erratic shift work and online classes. I can relate to how it's very difficult to get anything accomplished when you can't upload or stream when needed. I find it extra irritating when that final moment to relax, kick back, and watch a show is frequently abruptly turned off at random. I definitely don't expect any actual resolution, but if they do reach out I would certainly commend them and post praise accordingly. But yeah. Not holding my breath 

Becky
        Hi VaPeeps, service outages 3 nights a week is a bit excessive, and I think you have every right to be frustrated with us. It appears there has been ongoing plant maintenance in your area over the last 7 days to track down an ingress issue. This issue is now resolved; however, so I hope that the service interruptions will calm down for you. We schedule network maintenance between midnight and 6am in order to impact as few people as possible. We will provide an account credit for service interruptions from the time you let us know about the problem through the time we resolve the problem. You can let us know by calling 24/7 Technical Support, reaching out through Online Chat, if available, or by emailing Cox Social Media at cox.help@cox.com. You can get outage updates and alerts via the Cox Connect App (www.cox.com/.../cox-connect.html) as well as by signing into your cox.com account via a web browser. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator