Forum Discussion

technoman
New Contributor II
9 months ago

Internet and TV service interruptions

I'm really not sure where to ask this question since I'm having BOTH Internet and TV signal problems. When the Internet drops out, I can see the lights on my modem are flashing like it's trying to reconnect. At the same time, the TV either loses signal or a message will show on the screen, "We're having trouble on our end. This channel isn't currently available. Please try tuning away from this channel for a few seconds and then turn back to it. If that doesn't work, please try again in a few minutes". I tried all of that, but still couldn't tune it there. Once the Internet reconnects, then I need to restart the cable box, and after about 10 minutes or so, the TV will get the signal again. This happens almost every day. The cable modem and the TV are on different outlets. So, could it be the signal levels? I'm unable to access the 192.168.0.1 site.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You must have a Contour box.  I have Cox TV.  I lost Internet access last week while watching a recorded program.  I continued playback and didn't try to use the remote until after Internet came back.  (Pause, reverse, FF, etc, require Internet).  After Internet came back, all TV remote functions were restored.  I never had to restart the cable box or modem.  I'm not sure what would have happened if playback had ended before Internet was restored.

I can't help with your Contour issue, but if you ever happen to be watching a recorded program when the Internet drops, don't touch the TV remote and see if playback continues. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    I'm unable to access the 192.168.0.1 site.

Why can't you access the 192.168.0.1 site? What model modem/gateway do you have?

technoman
      New Contributor II

I have an Arris Surfboard SB8200 modem with an Asus RT-AX88U Pro router connected to it. I get a message: "The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.0.1 is taking too long to respond."

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

That is a stand alone modem. Stand alone modems are accessible by the IP 192.168.100.1. See here for more info.