Forum Discussion

Luz
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Yahoo URL Intermittent

Several hours each day I am unable to access Yahoo. I am using Cox internet with a Motorola modem and an Apple Router. When this happens, I connect using the data plan from my cell phone to open Yahoo. The times this happen vary and access to Yahoo comes and goes sporadically. I can access every other website. Cox internet is 99.9+ % reliable and fast. It's just this Yahoo access issue. Unfortunately, I use Yahoo mail or I wouldn't care. I tried resetting my modem and router to no avail. Has anyone experienced such an issue? Any ideas? Thanks!

4 Replies

Luz
    New Contributor II

Finally this morning the problem replicated itself. This time however, there was no internet connection to anything.  So I pulled out the old chromebook that I had switched over to Google DNS (Thanks to Widermouth instructional video!) and it worked on all sites.  Wow!  So steeling my nerves I went into the macbook and figured out how to change the dns to google dns  .  I wrote down the old dns numbers just in case. Every site now works.  So I need to change it on the rest of my equipment, but now I know how.  Thank you very much.  I do question after watching the other video - is google spying on me if I use their dns?  Just wondering?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Is google monitoring your URL lookups?  Probably.  Who isn't spying on us?

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Croce, are you trying to access yahoo.com, or a different Yahoo URL? Do you get an error page or error message? Let us know if you are able to ping www.yahoo.com as WMO suggested. While at the command prompt (CMD in Windows), run "tracert www.yahoo.com". Copy and paste your results here. We'll get to the bottom of this for you! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You can't reach the site or login?  If you can't log in, it might be an issue with session cookies.  Either log off before leaving site, clear cache or configure browser to clear when closing.