Forum Discussion

larry1911
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Blocked URL

Is Cox blocking or slowing some websites. Two of my favorites either take so long to load that I give up or they don't load at all. They will load if I switch to LTE or log onto a friend's network. The 2 are tandyleather.com and pcmag.com. I don't get an error message or anything,  it just sits there!

• Hi Larry1911, after reviewing your modem levels, I have reason to believe you are currently experiencing signal issues. Does this issue happen on one device or all devices? Are you on a wireless network or are you hardwired? I am including a link with additional information on ways to improve your internet experience, http://bit.ly/2Kq4uR5. If you'd like additional assistance, we encourage you to send us an email at cox.help@cox.com, with a link to this forum thread. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Larry1911, after reviewing your modem levels, I have reason to believe you are currently experiencing signal issues. Does this issue happen on one device or all devices? Are you on a wireless network or are you hardwired? I am including a link with additional information on ways to improve your internet experience, http://bit.ly/2Kq4uR5. If you'd like additional assistance, we encourage you to send us an email at cox.help@cox.com, with a link to this forum thread. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      larry1911
      New Contributor

All devices mentioned hereunder are wireless. My Windows 10 laptop has no problem with either website. My wife's iPad doesn't load either website in under 2 minutes but her iPhone 8 loads them in about 30 seconds. My Samsung tablet takes between 2 and 4 minutes on both websites, my Samsung phone is the same. Amazon Fire HD 8 is the same. Our Amazon Fire HD 10 has the same results as the iPhone 8.

We're not having a problem with any other website that I'm aware of.