Forum Discussion

Onemoretime
New Contributor
4 months ago

Worth it?

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving into a new apartment. I have Verizon FiOS and have been okay with it.

The apartment I'm moving into has a cox pre-installed gateway so I activated an account rather then deal with the hassle of getting everything set up with Verizon.

So far I've spent 8 hours on chat with a live agent before they told me they would need to charge an additional $100 to have a tech show up and fix the modem which apparently doesn't work. When they were going to schedule a tech, they just stopped responding twice.

Is this normal with cox internet? I'm ready to cancel, get a refund and just deal with moving my Verizon account instead.

5 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Why would you go with cable if you have the option for fiber? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Are the prices the same?

vsayago17
    New Contributor

Quit cox and switch. 

Why?

They are not the great company they once were. Thei customer service  and technical support will not provide real solutions once you start having speed issues....basically you pay for a specific plan, only get about 30 mb/s regardless of the plan you pay for, then cox basically tells u to stick it in the nicest way as possible and you continue to get ripped off by a paying for somethkng you are not getting. 

True story...read the theads and reviews online...more people continue to have speed problems and cox does nothing.

• Hello Onemoretime. I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com and we can assist you in this matter. 

Cox Forum Moderator

Juan

• Do yourself a favor, keep Verizon FiOS. I had Verizon in our home for about 15 years, never had a problem. We moved into a Retirement Complex three years ago and they only have Cox Internet, TV and Phone. The last three years have been a nightmare with Cox.

LatitiaS

Hi ProTruckDriver,

We want nothing more than for you to enjoy your services.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or by email at cox.help@cox.com.  Please include your full name, complete street address and details of your concern in your message.

Cox Forum Support Moderator