Forum Discussion

Darkatt
Valued Contributor III
11 months ago
Solved

Ok here it is! The New setup I am looking at...

Ok, looking at a Netgear CM2000 modem and  a Netgear RAX120/AX6000 Router, It will have connected via 2.5 GB, my 48 core server 'Dell Precision T7100', (Rebuilt by yours truly), my NAS/my tplink powerline adapter to my upstairs ethernet/wifi setup as mesh and a 4 port switch connected to the TP link ethernet. for my Other computer, My Poweredge server as well.

Well, WMO? Decent modem and router? 

Darkatt
    11 months ago

Here's a good number for corporate/escalations. I would definitely exhaust all efforts before going to this.. 888-566-7751

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Do you use the POE adapters or do you have a POE switch? I had problems with the U6-LR and the POE adapter. Ended up selling it on Ebay and bought my RT-AX86u instead. I still use a Unifi Wifi 5 AP to extend my network and that works great. I hear good things about PFsense but it is above my complexity comfort level.

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

pfSense is what we use in our data centers so it happens to be my happy place.  In addition to that, it's so far been the only platform I've been able to successfully deploy a multi-interface IPv6 network on and have everything work as intended.

I hate PoE adapters personally, this is my switch:

store.ui.com/.../usw-enterprise-48-poe

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    Netgear RAX120

Good choice. In the top 10 best routers right now on Smallnetbuilder. I would have gone with a Arris modem myself but that is personal preference. I like the UI better. Either way, no more gateway. Huzzah!

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

LOL, Yeah, I have a line issue and every time I call they get upset that I won't allow them to ship me a pano gateway, and they write in the notes customer refused modem upgrade. This way, no more upgrades required for a LONG time!

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        I have a line issue

What kind of line issue? T3's? I notice you haven't mentioned it on the forum. Are you working with the Social Media Team or have you gotten to Tier 2 yet? I hear it's harder then ever to be escalated.