Forum Discussion

DonnieTC
New Contributor II
7 years ago
Solved

Slower than expected speeds on Ultimate tier

I just recently got on the ultimate tier and am getting slower than expected download speeds. I remember testing it out when I initially got it and was getting around 200 - 275 Mbps however these past few days I've noticed my download speed has been slower than usual. After testing it seems to hover around 80 - 100 Mbps. When looking at my account I also notice that the status of my internet is "Service Interrupted". Upload speeds have been consistently hitting 30 Mbps so there's no issue there. My modem is a Motorola MB8600. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• No worries, Stephanie S. from Cox Social Media Support got back to me and suggested I look at the Ethernet cable. Didn't even think about that. I replaced that and my speeds are as expected now. So everything is working fine, thanks for the help!

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MarkM1
    Former Moderator

DonnieTC,

There could be issues that may be causing your problem with the internet service. Would you check the connection from the wall to the modem are finger tight? We would like to check your equipment for issues. Would you send us your full name & address to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into your issue?

DonnieTC
    New Contributor II

I sent the email with the required information to the provided email address.

I did as suggested and made sure everything was tightly connected and there was no change to my speed. Right now I'm in an apartment and the modem is connected VIA a 3 way splitter (one goes to cable box, another goes to phone modem, and the other goes to the internet modem). I've even tried removing the splitter and just connecting my modem directly to the wall and using a computer connected directly to the modem but the speed didn't change.
  • @DonnieTC

We may need to have a tech come out and take a look. If you have not scheduled one already, please send us an email with your account information and a link to this forum so we can help schedule a tech for you.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

DonnieTC
    New Contributor II

No worries, Stephanie S. from Cox Social Media Support got back to me and suggested I look at the Ethernet cable. Didn't even think about that. I replaced that and my speeds are as expected now. So everything is working fine, thanks for the help!