Forum Discussion

clintonrebel
New Contributor
4 months ago

Service call suspended?

Service has been out for weeks.   Technician came Wednesday Jan 10.  He said he could not access the line on the pole due to a tree limb.  He said he would have Cox maintenance crew come trim the tree back and they would be here later that day or in the morning.    Nobody ever showed up and I still don’t have internet.   I got a text saying my service call was suspended.   I can’t get a status from anybody.   Are they coming back or should I just give up.  2451 July Street Baton Rouge 70808 Morgan. Thanks 

5 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Was service taken out by a storm? Also, is the tree on your property or town property(near the street)? I don't know about your area, but my area has contractors that work for the town that trim the trees. Do you have something like that? Maybe try calling 311. Last, please edit your address from the post. This is a public forum.

• Thanks for the reply.   No storm.  Internet hasn’t worked right since I signed up four months ago.   I keep getting the runaround.   Both the pole and the tree are across the fence in somebody else’s yard.   I can’t access either.   It’s in the backyard, not the city’s ROW along the street.    As for my address, it’s in the phone book and on Google.    

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

OK, you can just wait for a moderator to do it. It is against forum policy to post private info.

Sounds like your in a tough situation with it not being on your property or town property. I wish you luck. Are you totally down right now?

clintonrebel
        New Contributor

Thanks.  Totally down.   Service has worked maybe 7 days out of four months.    Can’t get answers.    There are no other providers either.   I guess that is how they get away with it.   I’m going to try a dedicated mobile hotspot next and just give up on Cox.