Forum Discussion

DaveInLV
New Contributor III
3 years ago

pop.cox.net is suddenly timing out.

When receiving email pop.cox.net is timing out.  It was working fine even a short while ago.  Anybody else having the same problem?

21 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @ DaveInLV

Cox is performing maintenance will be performed on the Cox email platform on August 12, between the hours of 12:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. ET.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      DaveInLV
      New Contributor III

It is well past 9 AM ET and nothing has happened.  In any case, it would be nice if Cox would inform us about such activities, preferably in advance, and their periodic progress in an easily accessible web page which would save us a lot of headache and wild goose chase.  Otherwise whenever I have contacted Cox tech support, their standard reaction has been to suspect my setup, suggesting needless actions and causing frustration.

Allan
        @DavelnLV, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this email concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      sburroughs6
      New Contributor II

I am also having issues with email connecting to pop.cox.net. Also, when I attempt to ping the "pop.cox.net" address, the ping fails with 100% packet loss.

It is currently 11:59 ET on 12-August, so this maintenance should have completed several hours ago. Is this not completed, or is there a new issue?

Allan
        @Sburroughs6, Are you able to access your email at cox.com? -Allan, Cox Support Forums moderator.
    The_Cats
    New Contributor

still down...  ping to pop.cox.net -- no response. IP Address: 146.20.147.245.

John2222
      Contributor II

Not working here, Los Angeles, 10:15 am 8/13/21