Forum Discussion

needinghelp
New Contributor
5 years ago

Panoramic bridging

Hi,

I setup the panoramic cox device in bridge mode and then connected my Netgear nighthawk ac1900 to it, however I can’t receive an internet signal to the router... I’ve rebooted both multiple times. Any ideas what’s going on? Do I need to call cox to allow the router?

36 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

How do you know no Internet to the Nighthawk...lights or wired/wireless devices?  What the make/model of the Pano unit?

needinghelp
      New Contributor

My pc wired into the router is receiving no signal and the internet light on the nighthawk is red. It’s the cgm4141 model.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Another contributor...Mouth...is the expert, but I've read toggling IPv6 on your Hawk may help.

bearone2
    Contributor III

why not run your router from one of the rj-45 ports, that's how i run a netgear router for a couple older dell laptops that won't run on  pano wi-fi??

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Why don't the Dells work with Pano?

bearone2
        Contributor III

not sure if it may be 10 year old architecture but they won't connect to either but connect with the slower, up to 300 cheapie netgear router i used before the panoramic upgrade.

needinghelp
      New Contributor

Honestly I was just seeing if using my gaming router instead of the panoramic cox one and switching that to just a modem would fix my latency and packet loss issues 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Losing packets is more of a WAN problem between your modem and the Cox CMTS.  I wouldn't think a router would be losing packets.