Forum Discussion

Mommapenny
New Contributor II
3 months ago
Solved

Old Cox emails saved in myemail.cox.net after Yahoo transition?

I use Cox web/online to view all my emails and save all of them and need to be able to access them in the future so I'm wondering when email transitions to Yahoo if I'll still be able to go into my email saved in my email.cox.net account to find all of my old emails?  

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

I added my Yahoo email account to my BlueMail App. So this is how I expect the cox.net account should look in a 3rd Party mail app.

It's very simple.

Mommapenny
    New Contributor II

I have many years of emails saved in Cox web email so I'm wondering if I can't go there to find them after transition to Yahoo thrn how do I back them up somewhere now so I can always access them forever? I'm talking about years of emails and not one's going forward

bryaninphx
      Valued Contributor

Install an email client on your PC, Windows Mail or Outlook or BlueMail for desktop, etc, configure the email client to use POP (not IMAP). POP will download all emails located in your Inbox to the PC for storage. Any emails in folders that you have created, that are not in the Inbox, will need to be moved to the Inbox first.

https://bluemail.me/help/how-does-my-pop3-account-work-in-bluemail/

Consult with someone if you cannot do this yourself.

Mommapenny
        New Contributor II

I have tried that and I could not get POP to work with anything so that is why I had to end up only using cox.net to do anything with my email for years and now there must be a way to back up all those emails at least to my computer please!  I'm getting really scared because there's some very important emails over the years I need to access forever and I can't get POP to work and get all them off cox and over to something else.