Forum Discussion

OldMainframeGuy
New Contributor III
2 months ago

Internet issues in Cranston RI

Over the past few days we've been having outage and packet-loss issues in Cranston RI.   The Cox app confirms that there are issues and the issue is being corrected.   Working from home, it's a pain having my VPN connection drop every 5 minutes.   I hope this isn't a sign of things to come; our Internet service has been good over the years but lately not so much.

7 Replies

• For what it's worth, I was going through a similar time with lots of outages all confirmed to be outside my home.  I would call them and get credit on my bill. 

Ken

OldMainframeGuy
      New Contributor III

Cox fixed the problem and things were OK for a day and then there was a second problem which they fixed (again).   It seems more stable now so I'll cut them some slack unless it gets bad again.   If I was just a casual Internet user it might not be a big deal but working from home and constantly losing VPN is not good.

OldMainframeGuy
    New Contributor III

Not so fast, please.   Problems again today.   Cox app confirms "We've identified a network-impacting event affecting the consistent delivery of service to your home.  We know this can be frustrating...."

Yes, it's very frustrating.  I can't get my work done. 

OldMainframeGuy
        New Contributor III

At this point I just might.   I've worked in IT since 1973 and it's been my experience that when things constantly break they're not being fixed.