Forum Discussion

dusk883
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet bandwidth just stops every few minutes for 10-20 seconds. For months. Already had a Cox technician replace the cables throughout the house. How do we fix this?

I float back and forth from Cox to CenturyLink DSL every year or so. Cox is typically much much faster but it's so inconsistent that I end up leaving for slow but highly reliable CenturyLink. I'd love to just have Cox fix this issue where every few minutes, all day all night long, my internet just pauses for 10-20 seconds every few minutes. This often does affect my streaming and unable to watch a show without several buffering issues (nothing else going on in the house bandwidth-wise and I have the "Ultimate" package). Online gaming? Forget it.. impossible with Cox.

I'd be willing to pay cash money if Cox will fix this issue I've had - I'm using all a Cox pano router, all cables provided from Cox, I'm in the IT industry and have tried everything I'm supposed to do on my end. 

8 Replies

dusk883
    New Contributor

Clarification: The intermittent bandwidth applies to wifi and cabled components, everything in the house will fail at the same time for 10-20 seconds at a time

Allan
      @Dusk883 The modem is reporting some time out errors. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        zip20
        New Contributor

Allan, I have similar problems and cox did install a signal amp and splitter in my basement 15 years ago.  Could they have gone bad?

swagby019
    New Contributor

My net does the same thing it goes from fast to nothing for like 5 seconds so it kicks me out of any game im playing or it pauses what im doing. Ive tried everything I dont know what to do?

Allan

@Swagby019, I am unable to reach your modem at this time. What lights do you see on the modem? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.

ccg1018
    New Contributor

Same issue here, for months my service drops. It could be for 15 seconds as the modem gains a signal again or it could be for a few hours as it searches. All the phone support wants to do is have me wait hours for a text back. I just want this fix, its not like if I don't pay these people $100 a month for service.

LisaH
      Hi Ccg1018. If you are having issues with your internet service, we will be glad to help. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator