Forum Discussion

OzzieMike
New Contributor II
2 months ago

I Hope Cox Provides Complete Transition Instructions

Having watched our Cox bill increase every year for nearly 20 years, I can't describe how disappointed I am they are shutting down their email service, and transitioning us to Yahoo mail. And knowing that this Yahoo email will NOT be the same as what we've had from Cox worries me as well. Although to date I've only had the one email from Cox saying I will "soon" be transitioning to Yahoo mail, it hasn't given me a date to better define "soon".

It appears we'll have to pay Yahoo if we don't want ads with our email...at least, that's what I saw in one of the comments I read.  (Don't know if that's true when using email clients like Outlook or Apple Mail...or only if using Yahoo webmail.)

What worries me is the level of complete instructions Cox plans to provide those of us using Apple Mail. I base this concern on the number of Cox users on Apple's support forums who've been moved to Yahoo mail, and are struggling to get their email working again.  One post I read contained so many instructions I have to wonder how many users will be able to successfully complete the migration?

So I certainly hope Cox will be providing instructions for Mac users of Apple Mail, and iPhone/iPad users. And I hope these instructions are complete, easy to follow, and work well.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!