Herm
New Contributor III
6 years ago
Solved

I can’t figure out how to filter in my cox webmail

I can’t figure out how to  filter in my cox webmail

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Herm, say you want to create a filter to block the endless stream of spam emails related to back pain and joint pain. Within Webmail, click on the Setting icon, choose Settings, click on Inbox from the left-hand menu, and then click on Filter Rules. Click the blue "add new rule" button. Think of a name for your rule and type it in the "Rule name" box. For this example, I named the rule "Pain." Click on "Add condition." The condition defines the what the rule is filtering. I chose "subject" and typed in the word "pain." I want any email with the word "pain" in the subject line to be automatically moved from the Inbox to the Spam folder. Click "Add action." The action is what you want the filter rule to do with emails that meet these conditions. I chose "File into" and selected the Spam folder. Then click OK. You can add more than one condition, if you like; just be sure to change the dropdown option "Apply rule if all conditions are met" to "Apply rule if any condition is met." Try creating your own rule. Once you've chosen your conditions and actions, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the "create new rule" page. Let us know if you have any questions or issues! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator