Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
5 months ago

HTTP Status 401 error

I was wondering if there was any progress on the 401 error when signing into the forum. I am getting tired of clearing my cookies on a daily basis just to login.

22 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if related, but I also notice I have to sign in a lot. Shouldn't the site cookie be keeping me logged in?

DustinP

Hello WiderMouthOpen,

I'm not aware of a 401 error on Forum sign in. I understand you've found a work around to clear your cookies daily, but I haven't been able to replicate an error upon sign in with my work PC using Chrome Version 119.0.6045.200. Is this issue happening on multiple devices and browsers for you? Today, I've closed all tabs, and reopened forums and it keeps me logged in.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

I am also running Chrome 119.0.6045.200 but just updated to 120.0.6099.71 right now. However, I have heard others having this problem with older versions of Chrome too. Can anyone else confirm it happens to them too?

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I forgot I already posted a thread on this issue. Thanks to CurtB for the work around of closing all tabs on Chrome and re-opening it. Still not a solution but a better work around then clearing temp/cookies. It does confirm the problem affect other people then me though.

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

Are you getting this error on any other website or just this forum?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Good question. Just this forum. Maybe you don't get the error because you are using a Iphone with Safari? I just tried on my Pixel 7/Chrome and got the same error trying to log in. I think it has something to do with the cookie expiration date for the website.

DRVEGAS
        Valued Contributor

I'm not getting the error using any device so no idea what is causing your error.  Maybe it's a browser issue.  I'm using my chrome browser. Try a different browser if you haven't already tried that.  How do I find the cookie expiration date?  I can find the cookies but I don't see any expiration date.

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

I think I'm having the same thing happening here as well but not really sure how long I can stay signed in.