Forum Discussion

mrleland
New Contributor
5 years ago

Exterior cable

There has been a cable running from our street box - over the fence & running on top of our fence to the street behind us, for months 9-12ish.

In late June maybe, there were 4 guys - yes 4 - standing outside looking at our street box & telling me they were going to get the issue resolved immediately. 

It's the end of August & the cable is still there.  I've emailed - I've called - myself & my husband talked to the 4 guys standing around the box.  

So how do i get the cable taken care of ?

27 Replies

rjames
      New Contributor II

Hi.  I just noticed the same thing in the alley behind us.  New cable was recently laid but it wasn't buried.  The cable is just laying on top of the ground and some parts of it are being run over by garbage trucks and other vehicles.  It's unsafe, it's sloppy and Cox should be ashamed of itself for such shoddy work.  Please send  a team to properly bury the line. Thanks.

rjames
      New Contributor II

Sorry Bruce, meant to respond to Becky at Cox Support.

• Hi Mrleland, thanks for letting us know about this issue! I've alerted our field team to your situation so we can get this taken care of for you. Someone will be out next week to survey what needs to be done and escalate it to the correct team. If the line is going to be buried, it may take 15 to 20 days depending on weather and locality permits. - Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      mrleland
      New Contributor

Well the tech (NOT from Cox) came out today & guess what he can't do anything to fix it.  He took pictures & oh that shouldn't be ran like that.  Thats underground cable.  Ask a bunch of questions - are you having any issues - seriously.  the cable has been outside above ground along my fence for close to a year.  we always have problems.  How do I find out about being reimbursed for service ??   How do you get an actual COX tech to respond?  HOW do I get this issue resolved???

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Mrleland, we apologize for the ongoing issues, and I'd like to help get this resolved as quickly as possible. Can you please email us at cox.help@cox.com? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      rjames
      New Contributor II

Hi.  I just noticed the same thing in the alley behind us.  New cable was recently laid but it wasn't buried.  The cable is just laying on top of the ground and some parts of it are being run over by garbage trucks and other vehicles.  It's unsafe, it's sloppy and Cox should be ashamed of itself for such shoddy work.  Please send  a team to properly bury the line. Thanks.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Rjames, I have submitted an escalation on your behalf, to have this investigated further. Please feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com for additional questions or concerns. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    mrleland
    New Contributor

Ok it's been over 2 week & still no sign of the cable being removed / relocated.  What's going on?  Like everyone else we pay a small fortune for cable / internet & this is seriously ridiculous.  We've provided  you with information & pictures.  What else can we do to get this taken care of.   

LatitiaS
      Hi mrleland,

We have not received an update just yet. I went ahead and submitted a second request and once we receive an update we will follow up with you. Thank you for your patience.

Latitia

Cox Support Forum Moderator
        mrleland
        New Contributor

so they finally came out & removed the cable draped across my fence.  Seriously who do you hire to do this work?  They dug up the box that was above ground, buried a new box, buried the nv energy box  (I have no idea where it even is now - don't think NV Energy will be happy), another utility box (phone maybe) & best of all my cable didn't get buried or even put in the box.  So now there are all these cables sticking up, some loop up & some are cut off, so i don't really even know whats - what.  So can we try this again - maybe get a professional this time.  Oh and my speed is slower.  Seriously after being a cable customer for OMG years upon years you thing i could get decent service.  I want refunded for the months the cable was blowing around on my fence & the poor quality.  I"m feed up.  My wife keeps saying go with streaming it's faster.  I keep saying no no it's cox they'll fix it.  Wife is starting to win   https://www.facebook.com/moogie85/videos/3345071975510856/