Forum Discussion

Ric_M
New Contributor III
2 months ago

E-mail Transition to Yahoo! is a Mess!

Received two e-mails about Cox's transition of my e-mail account to Yahoo.  Last one received March 6th that included transition FAQs (very few).  As I use Outlook to access my e-mail, I noted the statement that said if I use a third-party app to access my e-mail I'd receive a follow-on e-mail with instructions to reconfigure Outlook.  Well today Outlook is being rejected by Cox servers, or lack of, and I don't have any instructions on configuring Outlook to access Yahoo! using POP.  I've been in a chat with Cox for the last 45 minutes and the person on the other end is more confused than I am.

This is a VERY POOR roll-out. 

44 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    dpc
    New Contributor

Same here. The follow up email never came and I can't access my email through an app even after changing the settings.

mwurman
    New Contributor

Success for me.  After many frustrating weeks.  Please follow this guide.  You DO NOT have to delete your existing account and start fresh (and thereby potentially risking never recovering your emails on your own HD).  

This is the link that helped me.  The person made an easy to follow guide.  Start with the with the SMTP and then IMAP.

https://imgur.com/a/Lnk4H3X

The big piece missing in my failed attempts was making sure I was on OAuth2 for Authentication Method.  

I even mirrored their "Yahoo! Mail SMTP m.w" for Description on the SMTP Server.  

Seems to all be back to normal.  Hopefully....