Forum Discussion

kc73
New Contributor
2 months ago

Cox email to yahoo email

I recently attempted the conversion of cox mail to yahoo mail. I use Outlook on my laptop and the Mail app on my iphone. After I changed the settings to incoming imap.mail.yahoo.com and outgoing smtp.mail.yahoo.com - I opened Outlook and I only had the basic folders and emails (Inbox, drafts, sent....) - all of my created folders were gone. I am able to receive and send from Outlook.

On my iphone I have all my folders but was unable to receive email until I added Yahoo to the account. but I can't send from my Iphone - I get the following error message "Cannot Send Mail" The user name or password "user@smtp.cox.net" is incorrect. I can't find where the smtp.cox.net still exists. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies

• Hi kc73,

You need to change the settings in Outlook to the Yahoo server settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

• Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
    • Port - 993
    • Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    • Port - 465 or 587
    • Requires SSL - Yes
    • Requires authentication - Yes

Your login info

• Email address - Your full email address (name@domain.com)
    • Password - Generate App Password
    • Requires authentication - Yes

For additional support about Yahoo email servers, please contact Yahoo Email Support.

Thank you, 

Mike

Cox Forums Support Moderator

kc73
      New Contributor

Thank you for your response!! As I pointed out I did change the server settings in outlook and am able to send and receive but I'm missing all my folders. If I look in the Yahoo mail - the folders are there but not listed under INBOX. 

Normally it would look like this:

Inbox
         Wedding
         US Open
         Italy

But in outlook they don't exist and in yahoo it looks like this:

Deleted messages
      Inbox/Wedding
      Inbox/US Open
      Inbox/Italy 

Just need a way to download them from the new Yahoo mail to Outlook.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

DannyS

Hi kc73, sorry to hear the concerns over the folder layout after your migration.  If still needing assistance to see what can be done to help.  You can always visit help.yahoo.com or call Yahoo Support at 1-866-562-7250.  They may be able to help with these questions or concerns.