Forum Discussion

lfontl
New Contributor
4 months ago

Cox Email Address after Switch to Yahoo

As many of us have just heard the news about COX's intent to give up the email business and transition everything over to YAHOO mail,  I am wondering if that means that we will be able to keep our cox email address even  if we move to an area that has no COX service and need to switch our ISP to another provider?  Previously this could not be done as you needed to be a COX internet subscriber. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    klrqueen13
    New Contributor

What if we already have a Yahoo email account?  That is where all my SPAM goes.  All my legitimate email goes to my cox account.  I don't want them both intermixed!

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Any yahoo.com email address shouldn't be effected. The cox.net email will just be accessed from the Yahoo website and POP/IMAP/SMTP servers. As for them being intermixed, that is the future. Cox is getting out of the email business. You don't have to transfer them to yahoo, you will just lose them eventually if you don't.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

In short, yes. As seen here;

"After the move to Yahoo Mail is complete, and you accept their Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, your cox.net email address will be supported by Yahoo and is accessible to you even if you choose to discontinue service with Cox."

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

To anyone following along, they sent out emails to some customers. The transition should start soon in some areas like Middle GA. See post here. I would have posted in on my thread here, but they locked it.