Forum Discussion

RalphW
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Blocked E-mails still coming thru

Why do I keep getting SPAM even when blocked?  newsletter@manofmany.com continues to come thru even though Cox says it's already blocked.

7 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Ralphw, are you blocking unwanted emails through the Spam Settings on our WebMail server (myemail.cox.net)? If so, please send the original email as an attachment to spamreport@cox.net, so this can be reviewed. Due to the high volume of emails received, a personal response is not provided for each report. Here is some information on ways to protect yourself from spam:

www.cox.com/.../protecting-yourself-from-spam.html
    www.cox.com/.../reporting-spam-phishing-and-virus-abuse.html

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      bobC927
      Contributor

I'm having a similar problem in reverse. I may have blocked some email addresses that shouldn't have been blocked. How do I see and edit my blocked list? So far, I have been unsuccessful in finding and accessing it.

BrianM

You can click the settings button at the top right inside of webmail, then click settings. On the next screen click on Inbox on the left side and below there click on blocked senders. This will give a list of all addresses that you have blocked.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator

• I have the same problem.  I have created about 5 different filter rules for “Noom” in the From field of emails.  And what happens?  There’s one in my inbox despite all the filters.  What’s the point when the filters are about as effective as a sledgehammer opening a can.

JP_Sports
      Contributor

Ok.  Today is a prime example of how USELESS your email filters are.  I created an email filter to reject any emails which CONTAINS ProtectAutoInsurance.com in the “From” field.  So what do I see? An email in the From field containing it IN MY INBOX.  WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING FILTERS IF IT’S NOT GOING TO BLOCK IT?!?  I’M READY TO JUST CLOSE OUT MY ACCOUNT AND GIVE UP BECAUSE COX IS DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NOW TO PREVENT THESE SPAM BOTS.  IT’S AS IF THEY GET COMMISSION FROM EACH EMAIL SUCCESSFULLY GENERATED.

Allan
        @JP Sports, You may want to try and filter these emails out by filtering the actual email address instead of the From field and see if that helps. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.