Forum Discussion

KenKK
Contributor
15 days ago

COX to Yahoo, Forward email

I was under the impression the move to Yahoo would work with the same features or more

as it did with COX.     Why wasn't my COX account configured as it was when it was with COX?

I had my email configured to be forward to another account.   I can't find in the settings

how to do that.  From reading I believe mail forward is only in their Premium Mail which

is paid for.   As a COX customer will COX be correcting this as part of the transfer

so COX customers will receive the same level of service they had with no additional cost?

I have been missing several emails since the recent move until I noticed the FORWARD was

not happening.

Please advise,
Ken

8 Replies

• Hello KenKK, 

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the transition of Cox Webmail to Yahoo Email regarding what features are available in Yahoo Mail. Here is a link with more information: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/coxnet-email-transitioning-to-yahoo.html  There is no cost to continue to use the cox.net email address we are transitioning to Yahoo Mail. Yahoo also has other plans with additional features available for a fee through Yahoo.

Thank you for your patience, 

Mike

Cox Support Forums Moderator 

KenKK
      Contributor

I have this information.   I could not find out why I can't forward my email like I did with COX

without paying for a Premium + plan.    This is not what I had with COX Web mail.    If I had

this basic feature before, what is COX doing with this complete email inconvenience transition to Yahoo (Far from my first choice) to resolve the problem?

Ken

COX customer 

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

Short answer is that forwarding is a paid premium feature with Yahoo and Cox is not facilitating access to any Yahoo premium features free of charge.  I'm honestly surprised that Cox arranged to move the email to a different host at all.  Normally in situations such as this, you simply lose your email.