Read the forum guidelines
As a Cox phone subscriber you can program your calls to ring at another number. Each time a call is forwarded your phone will make one short ring and it can still be used to make outgoing calls. Learn all about call forwarding features, including instructions on how to activate / deactivate these features, by reading our Call Forwarding support article.
I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I hope this answer will help you.
The first thing you can try is to unplug your phone from the wall jack and unplug phone from electrical outlet. This will allow your phone to reset. Sometimes this process will help when you are receiving an error tone on your phone.
Also here are the steps for Call Forwarding No Answer:
Call forwarding No Answer
Whenever you can't answer, forward your calls to somone who can. You can be sure that your calls won't go unanswered, even if you can't get to the phone. You can easily change the forwarding number. It even works when on another call.
To "turn on" the Service:
1. Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
2. Press *92.
3. Listen for the dial tone.
4. Then, dial the number where you want your calls forwarded. Enter the number exactly as if you are calling directly (7 - digit, 10 - digit or "1" plus the area code).
5. When the phone is answered, your Call Forwarding No Answer is in effect. If the line is bus, or there's no answer:
6 Hang up.
7. Within two minutes, repeat steps 1 - 4 above. You'll hear a confirmation tone to let you know your Call Forwarding No Answer is now working.
To "turn off" the Service:
1. Lift the handset and listen for dial tone.
2. Press *93
3. Listen for the confirmation tone, then hang up. Your Call Forwarding No Answer is now "off."
To change the "forward to" number:
1. Turn off Call Forwarding No Answer (see directions above).
2. Repeat the steps above to turn on Call Forwarding No Anser, entering the new "forward to" nubmer.
I hope these instructions help. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.