Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Call forwarding question

Does anyone know if my phone should ring when I have call forwarding turned on because it never used to ring when it was turned on but now it does and I don't know how to stop it from ringing but the call forwarding is working?  I can take it off the hook to stop it from ringing but I never had to do this before.

• Hello, when call forwarding is activated.  The initial signal will hit the number before forwarding the call to the next number.  So, any calls will create a single ring to the phone in the home.  Depending on the phone.  You may only hear what appears to be a partial ring but will still hear something when forwarded. If all calls are forwarded.  You should have a ring setting on the phone itself that can be adjusted. So it may be very low where it cannot be heard or off entirely. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, when call forwarding is activated.  The initial signal will hit the number before forwarding the call to the next number.  So, any calls will create a single ring to the phone in the home.  Depending on the phone.  You may only hear what appears to be a partial ring but will still hear something when forwarded. If all calls are forwarded.  You should have a ring setting on the phone itself that can be adjusted. So it may be very low where it cannot be heard or off entirely.