Forum Discussion

coxcommy
New Contributor III
5 years ago

For my TM3402 modem Can I use TB260F DC ouppus UPS (5.0 amps output) in place of TB130B (2.5 amps output)?

I received the TB260F with output of 12.0 volts, 5.0 amps, 114 wh batterry instead of the one spec'd by Arris the TB130B with output oft 12.0 volts, 2.5 amps, 38wh batterry. Amps are my concern both are 12 volt but will the 5.0 amps kill the TM3402 modem or will it only draw the amount of power it needs?

Cox send me a TB260F instead of the TB130B they were supposed to send out as a replacement. I'm replacing a failed TB130B and want to know if I can just use the TB260F with a higher amp output or if it will fry the modem. This is the second incorrect modem battery back up Cox sent out so I'd like to use if it I can but don't want to fry the modem.

1 Reply

coxcommy
    New Contributor III

Captain obvious stopped by and I realized the modem should only pull the amps it needs. Not sure if the TB130B is discontinued or if Cox is  just stocking a DC UPS that works with multiple devices. THe TB260F is a lot bigger and will last a lot longer but won't be any help unless a node is up.
    Cox sent this out to me as a courtesy otherwise paying for a a dedicated DC UPS for one device at whatever price Cox normally charges wouldn't make much sense vs a UPS you could use on multiple devices.