Forum Discussion

KAJ
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Phone upgrade Letter

I know there have been several posts on this but want to ask for myself.  I keep getting the phone upgrade letter.  I use the jacks in my house for just old school land line.  I have my own answering machine and don't need any bells and whistles.  I believe I have the Cisco DPC3010 modem and connect that to my own router for wifi.  From what I am reading I have to upgrade my internet modem to one with a phone jack and plug that into an outlet to distribute dial tone to the rest of the house.  My problem with that is that I do not have a phone jack in the room that we use for the office.  We only have a phone jack in the master bedroom, living room, and kitchen.  What happens in this case, and is it not possible to just continue the way I am?

22 Replies

• Fax and Digital Phone,

Are the phone jack in your kitchen and the cable outlet in your living room the only of these two points where each service can be connected in your home? The installer would be able to advise you on the best option to configure the installation so that you are able to continue to enjoy your service with minimal changes to the way things are currently set up.

• If we have to do this with cox and pay their fees, might as well get magic jack or some other internet based service  and pay for it yearly at a considerable discount.