Forum Discussion

Darkatt
Valued Contributor III
14 days ago

Yahoo taking Cox Mail

Should Cox be responsible to it's customers, to see that YAHOO is doing a decent job of taking over the Cox Accounts and ensuring that their system is working?

I converted account # 1 over, and am NOW seeing this error - 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Cox (doug1680) account. Header download for the 'Software Licenses' folder did not complete. 

Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.
Server: 'imap.mail.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 993
Secure(SSL): Yes

Well - 

AND - 

I don't think I am running low on memory, NOR do I think my DISK is low on space. This is a problem specifically on Yahoo, and someone should be responsible to Cox Customers to see that this transition works properly. 

1 Reply

• Thanks for using Cox Forums.  I understand your concern with the Cox Email Transition. We have viewed and monitored the transition and it has worked fine. Some have reported a delay with the initial use of the IMAP settings in a 3rd party mail program. This delay is usually during the first 24-48 hours only of the initial Webmail transition. Using a Mobile device or the Yahoo App has showed no delay or issue. If you continue to have a problem with an IMAP error, please contact Yahoo at 1-866-562-7250 for additional support.

Cox Support Forums Moderator