Forum Discussion

dave127
New Contributor II
3 years ago

WTF? No Gust Network anymore?

No Guest Network my new 'Panoramic' cable modem?   Who in their right mind decided this?  Oh: Marketing sez "We can sell more 'Pods'"

Dumb move by Cox.  I should have never 'upgraded' and returned my old modem which had the Guest Network capability.

Anyone have a recommendation for me to go out buy my own at Amazon/BestBuy/Walmart/etc...??

Not a happy Cox Customer.

5 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Dave127
    I know how important it is for you to have the features on your Cox services that you love and enjoy. Your Cox Panoramic Wifi Gateway broadcasts an additional SSID, “CoxWiFi” network signal, creating an extension of the Cox Wifi network right in your home. This service is completely separate from your private home Wifi network and allows guests who are eligible Cox Internet subscribers to sign in and connect without sharing your secure network password. Cox Hotspots are intended for qualified Cox customers visiting your home whose speed tiers include Connect2Compete, Preferred, Ultimate, and Gigablast. The Cox Hotspots feature is included with your Panoramic Wifi device at no additional charge. The “CoxWiFi” SSID has a separate data stream, so it will not impact your speed or usage. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      dave127
      New Contributor II

@BenS  This 'solution' doesn't really help me.  I'm not about to give out *MY* cox ID and Password to my random guests so they can use the piggy-backed-on-my-fibre-connection 'CoxWifi' SID...  And why is Cox using MY facilities without some form of reimbursement?  I should have the ability to disable this Cox piggyback if I so desire.

Andrew_Wees
        Contributor III

No they would use their Cox user name and password to login to the hotspot

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

"WTF? No Gust Network anymore?"

I guss not.

See what I did there?  Guest is to Gust as Guess is to Guss.  Did I help you?  I can't tell if I helped you.