Forum Discussion

newbury
New Contributor II
2 years ago
Solved

What would be the best way to backup (bulk save) email?

I've accumulated years of email and am going to have to move to a new mail provider.  Most important "stuff" I think I've saved.  But I would like to be able just save - in text form - everything I have not deleted.

Any suggestions on how to save all my mail?

• Use the ARCHIVE function on your email client to copy ALL emails from your Cox account to a folder on your computer. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Use the ARCHIVE function on your email client to copy ALL emails from your Cox account to a folder on your computer. 

AAstevens
    New Contributor III

download Thunderbird email client, have it connect to your cox account, then select all email, and save as, it should save all of the selected emails as a standard .eml file with a filename and date-stamp of received time in a nice way, you can then delete all the existing email on your account. you will still be able to use Thunderbird as the email client for cox, and how many other email accounts you have. since i have upwards of 15 email accounts, its nice to have them all in one place. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

If you setup thunderbird as IMAP, you will STILL need to archive the email into an archive folder, OR, it won't be downloaded to the computer, and when you delete all the messages they will be GONZO,  unless you setup thunderbird as POP, then it will ONLY download the INBOX folder from Cox to the computer.