Forum Discussion

gtr_sb
New Contributor III
4 years ago

Webmail Error 127.0.0.2

I had this issue a few months back and it went away...but now it's back.  It is completely random and if I click send a few times usually it works, but it is very annoying.  Any idea when Cox will fix this issue for good?

The connection to remote server 127.0.0.2 was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later.

Thanks,

Gary.

24 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

This is Cox Webmail...and not a email client, such as Outlook?

This IP address, 127.0.0.2, is not a valid IP address.  It's a reserved address for a NIC loopback.

What is giving this error?

gtr_sb
      New Contributor III

Yes, COX webmail.  I have no issues getting emails via outlook.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Cox contracts their email service to another company.  If it happens, you or another subscriber would have to open a ticket for Cox to contact the 3rd-party to resolve it.  Or you could just repetitively press Send while being annoyed.

Since this is a reoccurring problem, it appears neither Cox or the 3rd-party really care about it.  If it wasn't for substandards, Cox would have no standards at all.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I logged into Cox Webmail to find an email, and I just got these 127.0.0.2 errors.  It quite odd because this is a loopback address.

If I switched folders, I got the error...if I pressed the Refresh button, I got the error...if I tried to compose an email, I got the error.  It does eventually clear, but it's very slipshod service.

gtr_sb
    New Contributor III

After submitting my issue to the cox help email address, my issue seems to be solved.  Been working without the error for 2 days now.  One of the troubleshooting steps was to change my email password, but they emailed me the temporary password...kind of difficult to access my email without the password, so did have to call tech support in the end, which I was trying to avoid.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Changing passwords is good...but it'd have nothing to do for this problem.  I think Cox is just providing "busy work" to appear constructive.

gtr_sb
        New Contributor III

I think they had to reset my password so they can access my webmail to solve the issue...