Forum Discussion

stinkfoot63
Contributor II
6 years ago
Solved

Web mail question/complaint

Why is it that I must move emails to trash before I delete them?  The new format is often paralyzingly slow- forcing me to wait a minute or more for the smallest emails to actually move before I can finally delete them.  This is not a new and fresh change calling for the usual ineffectual "remedial" steps- (clearing cache and cookies, etc.).

I set up spam filters that are fairly aggressive and because legitimate emails have a history of never getting to me- I believe I have stopped Cox's spam filtering... though I still don't get an occasional email... automatic email receipts get filtered and would likely vanish with Cox's "service" -a HUGE reason I don't go paperless with anyone despite the repeated and aggressive insistence that I do.

It is unacceptable for what we pay and yes, I am aware of the corporate stance that the email "service" is "free"... I set aside 73½ seconds to bask in the glow of that generosity... usually while waiting for SPAM messages to ooze into the trash folder so they can be deleted.

/rant

• Hi Stinkfoot63, there is a Webmail setting that allows you to permanently delete emails directly from the Inbox. In Webmail, click on the Settings gear icon, and then choose Settings from the drop-down menu. Click on "Inbox" from the Settings menu on the left-hand side of the page. Put a check-mark in the box next to "Permanently remove deleted emails." Now, pressing the delete icon (trash can icon) while viewing an email (also when viewing the list of emails) in your Inbox causes a pop-up message to display "Do you want to permanently delete this email?" Selecting the blue Delete button on the pop-up message bypasses the Trash folder and deletes the email completely. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Stinkfoot63, there is a Webmail setting that allows you to permanently delete emails directly from the Inbox. In Webmail, click on the Settings gear icon, and then choose Settings from the drop-down menu. Click on "Inbox" from the Settings menu on the left-hand side of the page. Put a check-mark in the box next to "Permanently remove deleted emails." Now, pressing the delete icon (trash can icon) while viewing an email (also when viewing the list of emails) in your Inbox causes a pop-up message to display "Do you want to permanently delete this email?" Selecting the blue Delete button on the pop-up message bypasses the Trash folder and deletes the email completely. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

Thank you- that was helpful.  It works for all folders and not just the inbox