Forum Discussion

Jared_T
New Contributor
2 years ago

Unexplained price hikes and no customer support

In December, with no explanation, several vague charges ("premium support" and several "partial month" charges) were added to my bill resulting in an increase of 40%.

Additionally, I call to have these explained and there is no support available, only a callback offered for late next week. Is this the "premium support" Cox is charging for? 

This is in addition to an already relatively expensive 1 gig plan I pay for with consistent upload speed of less than 10 mbps, thereby rendering my home office borderline unusable.

This combination of unjustified price hikes on top of high prices, poor connectivity and non-existent customer service is unacceptable. It suggests either gross incompetence, unethical business practices or some combination of both.

Perhaps, I will get a response on here as this seems to be my only outlet for immediate communication with the company. Does anyone at Cox care to reach out and answer some of my questions?

Thanks 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm unsure of "premium support."  Did you previously call Cox for help or assistance to fix something?  "Partial Month" means you changed a service on your account and since some of the billing cycle had already past, Cox is only charging for the remaining days left in the cycle.

• Hello Jared T,

I am truly sorry for any confusion by your bill. I would be happy to review the account to see what's going on. Feel free to contact us with your name, address, and a link to this thread at cox.help@cox.com.

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator