Forum Discussion

decipher
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

service outages 09/04, 09/05

Last Friday (yesterday) from roughly 1PM - 7PM and again this morning before 9:30AM my internet was down.
I have Cox Ultimate 300 and SB6183

I finally reached a Cox tech support rep last night who confirmed my data signal was OK and
there was an outage in my area yesterday.

I telecommute now and need a reliable high speed internet connection.

What is the expectation of related outages, in the very near future?

• With the exception of last week, our service has been entirely reliable (Cox Ultimate 300) since I began working from home at the end of February 2020. I telecommute and am required to report to work within 1 hour if my internet service goes out. Cox customers deserve ample notification when there is a planned service upgrade in the area. If this continues, I'm seriously considering paying Century Link for their 40MB DSL to us as a backup when my Cox goes out. I will definitely consider switching to Century Link once they have fiber in my area. For now, Cox is the only game in town. ðŸ¤”

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • There have been more intermittent outages today. 09/05  I rebooted my modem and it reconnected.  I hope someone can provide me with more information about these outages.  

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hi,
      Outages can be very frustrating especially when you want to use the service. The outages are more frequent than normal because there are upgrades and updates that have to be done to better the signal experience for us the customer.

Crystal S.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        decipher
        Contributor

With the exception of last week, our service has been entirely reliable (Cox Ultimate 300) since I began working from home at the end of February 2020. I telecommute and am required to report to work within 1 hour if my internet service goes out. Cox customers deserve ample notification when there is a planned service upgrade in the area. If this continues, I'm seriously considering paying Century Link for their 40MB DSL to us as a backup when my Cox goes out. I will definitely consider switching to Century Link once they have fiber in my area. For now, Cox is the only game in town. ðŸ¤”

Vegas_Vic
    New Contributor

If Cox was honest they'd tell you that outages and slow internet are because of too many Clark County School District students online for school at one time, but they're not and they wont, Cox internet infrastructure cannot handle it. 

• My service has been off and on now for 4 days. They should inform customers if they will be performing maintenance or have service issues, when you call after hours you get someone overseas who has no clue. Horrible customer service for what I pay them.