Forum Discussion

gjett1
New Contributor III
6 years ago
Solved

Uncorrectables on ALL downstream channels. What could be the problem?

I live in Springfield, VA. I have a Netgear CM600 modem and have been receiving uncorrectables of hundreds of thousands and millions in a very limited uptime (< 24 hours). I am having this problem on...
    Rob_H_
    6 years ago

gjett1 Actually, I think the best people to contact would be the AWS customer, which is the gaming company.  The trick will be to get the attention of upper management with specific details to support your case.  Otherwise, your complaint will likely be immediately filed in the "circular file" system. 

Send a detailed letter via certified mail to a member or members (i.e. CEO, Senior VP).  It may help to select "restricted delivery" which means that either the addressee or an authorized agent for the addressee must sign.  That's an extra attention getter.  Otherwise, whoever normally gets the mail at the company will sign for it.  You don't need to pay extra for a return receipt unless you want to.

If that fails, then file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) against the gaming company and reference your certified letter(s).

How does that sound to you?

Rob_H_
    6 years ago

gjett1 Oh, I see now.  The Motorola SB6121 was only a 4x4 modem, while the Netgear CM600 is a 24x8 modem and the Arris SB6190 is a 32x8 modem.  In your case, you appear to have gone from 4 downstream channels to 16 downstream channels.  Your connection doesn't appear to be handling the new total of 16 downstream channels very well. 

I think you are correct when you stated that the issue now points at Cox side (facilities, cabling) after having tried 2 newer modems, both running 16 downstream channels, with the same result.  As an aside, I wonder if your SNRs are rather misleading because of the high downstream power levels.

All the best in getting Cox to resolve it quickly during the next visit.