Forum Discussion

Flinx
Contributor
7 months ago

not getting notifications from the forums

I am not getting notifications from the forums, and never had. I checked my settings here for the 10th time in several months and all notifications are turned on, my email address is set. no notifications ever come in. the don't go to my spam folder either.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • yes I am using my cox email.

I am following this thread and only know you commented when I went to a bookmark for this post.

as I said it has never worked as long as I have been on this forum. 

I tried to upload screen caps but this stinking forum kept telling me it was waiting for the uploads to complete, when the pics were in the reply. so I will try in another post.

ColleenD

Hi, Flinx,

It was my understanding that our latest forums platform upgrade corrected the notification issue that previously existed. You may need to update your settings. We are aware of issues with uploading pics and are investigating. 

Flinx
        Contributor

whatever upgrade it did not fix the issue.

Flinx
        Contributor

I know how to post images, I've done it many times, it showed the image but when I clicked on reply it said it was waiting for it to finish uploading even though it was there.

• Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the issues with Forums notifications. Are you using a http://cox.net email address? - ChrisJ - Cox Support Forums Moderator

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

To receive notifications, you must select options in 'My Settings' and select each thread to follow individually.  To receive notifications for this thread, scroll up to the top of the white portion of this page and click the small, black bell icon in the upper right, just left of the gear icon.  

In my experience, only forum notifcations work (white bell icon in the green band at the top of this page).   'My Settings' refers to 'Email notifications', but the settings only seem to control forum notifications.  I don't want notifications in my email, but I don't think they work anyway.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Forum website notifications work, but may have to be reset.  See this post.  I don't think email notifications work.  If anyone gets forum notifications in your email, let us know.  

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Notifications were working up until a few days ago.  There was a Forums update on 10/10/2023.  That update may have broken Forum notifications again.