Forum Discussion

23 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to the forum! There are a couple posts going on the new webmail changes with a couple people mentioning it's slower. One thing I suggest is Firefox and AdBlock. That should get rid of the ad which might be slowing down the page. Also, have you tried deleting temporary files for the page? Last, many people find it useful to change the UI to list mode by click on the gear > All Settings > Layout > List. That is also where the option is to enable check boxes.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

How to delete all or selected messages from a folder.

Click Settings gear .  Select List and Checkboxes.

When List option "Checkboxes" is selected, checking one and pressing ctrl+a checks all.

You may check or uncheck selected emails and delete all checked messages by clicking the delete button  or by pressing the delete key.

To delete all messages in a folder, right click the folder and select "Empty trash" for Trash or "Delete all messages" for others.

These menu items delete all messages in the selected folder, checked and unchecked.

• Right! I have to refresh my page in order to get more emails. There used to be a little gear I could hit, and it would log out after so much time. Now it just stays logged in but no new emails arrive unless you refresh the page

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Settings gear > All Settings 

Basic Settings.> Refresh Interval

Options: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes

Security > Automatic sign out

Options: Never, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes

peggy8080
        Contributor

The only way to refresh emails is to wait for the selected interval or manually refresh the page? The circle arrows have disappeared 

SueJohnson
    New Contributor II

I agree. I was trying to delete a number of emails in the trash folder and couldn't figure out how to do it. Shift didn't work like it used to. I tried cntl but that made the size of all the emails smaller. Logged out and logged back in and still smaller. How do I correct this? And how do I delete a number of emails in trash???

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

You probably pressed CTRL and used the scroll wheel to zoom in. Use it again to zoom out. Or depending on your browser, there should be a magnifying glass on the top right of the screen you can click on and then click on reset.

As for selecting multiple emails, did you try the suggestion CurtB posted?

SueJohnson
        New Contributor II

I didn't use scroll at all, but I did just now use scroll to scroll out and that worked. Thank you

SueJohnson
        New Contributor II

Thank you. I now have checkboxes and can also now use shift the way I used to. Thank you.