Forum Discussion

jboydston836
New Contributor
2 years ago

Netgear CM1200 Firmware Updates

I have been on the phone with support from both Cox and Netgear for about 5 hours today. I have been inquiring about Cox upgrading to the latest firmware for the Netgear CM1200 modem. Cox tells me that I can update the firmware through Netgear, and Netgear clearly states that my ISP, Cox, is responsible for updating the firmware. I basically got an answer from a Cox support manager, that Cox doesn't update 3rd party modem for the simple fact that they want their customers to rent their proprietary modem/routers which are garbage.

Cox, you need to request the latest firmware from Netgear and then push it out to all of those modems. If I could change to an ISP that actually cared about the consumers that spend money for their service I would.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

The latest APPROVED firmware, is automatically pushed to each modem on the Cox network. Just because Netgear has a newer firmware available, doesn't mean that it has passed Docsis Engineering at Cox, for use on their network. What you have, is what you will run on, until a newer firmware goes through Docsis testing and approval, at which time, they will push it out to your modem automatically 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I just wish Tier 1 knew this and correctly informed the customer.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

if it's not part of the monkeyscript, they won't know. T-1 is no longer technically adept, they don't even understand what they are troubleshooting, they just follow a script.