Forum Discussion

Kid_Ego
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

My internet speeds have dropped

I have a CM1100 modem with a RAX80 router, both of them can handle Cox's GigaBlast 940mbps (rated at 2gps)...and did until 6 months ago. At that time, I was running around 890mbps to 920mbps, depending on the time of day. Now I am running 340mbps with both WiFi and Ethernet connections. I have had my buried service wire tested to the CM1000 modem, and the signal strength to the modem is 930mbps. I have Cat6 ethernet cable feeding my RAX80 and nothing has changed on my end, so why am I only getting 340mbps?

• Hello @Kid Ego,

This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Kid Ego,

This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • www.tomsguide.com/.../netgear-nighthawk-ax8-rax80

Tom's Guide review of the RAX80 states the following -

"While [the RAX80] blasted a lot of data short range, the AX8’s throughput fell off quickly as the range increased, making it better for small and mid-sized houses than larger ones. At 50-feet, it was capable of moving only 277.1Mbps versus 396.4Mbps for the Archer AX6000 and 363.3Mbps for the MR9600. By 75-feet, its available bandwidth dropped further to 142.3Mbps, a bit below the MR9600’s 227.0Mbps."

Depending on how far away you are from the router (and the construction material of your home), your speed tests could be reasonable. The RAX80 is not a mesh router; so no satellite mesh points to place around your home, which would help, especially if you have a bigger home.